Sunday, January 10, 2016

Everything and nothing

Hi everyone!

I know I have briefly introduced myself in the About Me section but I feel like I didn't go deep enough about who I really am and I think it's important that you guys know a little bit more about me. Through this blog I share my thoughts and my opinions, I believe you want to know what my background is.

First of all, my first language is French. English is my second language. Maybe you have spotted a few flaws about my writing (wait to hear my English), I try to do my best to be the most coherent and clear as possible. I grew up in a French neighbourhood,  I did and still am doing all my education in French, so basically, you have to want to learn English to actually be good.

When I was 12, music started to be really important to me. I discovered bands that their music was strictly in English. I became curious about the lyrics and I was obsessed to know what every word meant. 

My passion for books came a little later. My dad is a book collector. There are over a thousand First Edition books in my house, pretty much all Mystery books, but mostly, they are only in English. Whenever he wanted to go to bookstores, he would bring me and I've always loved it. When I was 16, we went to this bookstore chain (here it's called Indigo, it looks like a B&N). Half books are in French and the other half in English. I went to the back of the store and there it was; hundreds of copies of the same books lying on tables. For the first time, I was curious about a book. It was called Twilight. I grabbed it, opened the first page and I read the first two sentences. I just stood there and smiled. Why? Not because it seemed like a good book (it was), but because I was able to read in English and actually understand every. single. word. I took it, paid the 11.99 CAN and made myself and my dad happy. At that moment, it's where it all started.

I don't know why, but I will remember this day for the rest of my life because books brought me something that was missing; through pages and words, I feel alive.

Thanks for reading, for any requests, questions or just to talk, feel free to write me an email at throughpagesandwords@gmail.com or to follow me on Bloglovin'

Take care!

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment